Invest in a Premarital Preparation Class
Don’t be one of the almost 50% of couples in the US whose marriage ends in divorce.
Save yourself the heartache and pain of divorce by learning practical, researched informed skills to have healthy conflict and deep closeness in your relationship.
John Gottman’s research discovered that every couple has 69% perpetual conflicts because we don’t marry ourselves. These are conflicts that never go away because you and your partner are different. If you go with someone else, these perpetual conflicts will be different because you new partner brings a different mix of issues into the new marriage. The research predicts that you will still have 69% perpetual problems in the new relationship. Having a happy life means learning to have compassion for each other’s differences and develop effective communication and compromise strategies.
The Peg Walsh Program
4 session Assessment of Current Relationship – individualized approach based on your unique relationship – this is not a cookie cutter program. It is tailor made for your relationship.
- Initial Joint session – 1 hour session
- Individual Interviews – 1 hour each ( one alone session each)
- Feedback Session on Strengths and Challenges in this relationship and the beginning of at home exercises to promote communication, appreciation and intimacy.
6 Skills 1 hour will cover the following:
- How to make repairs when it looks like the relationship is getting heated
- How to process and learn from a regrettable Incident (or fight)
- How to eliminate Criticism, Defensiveness, Contempt and Stonewalling ( These are the 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse – the destroyers of relationships)
- How to ask for what you need
- Learn your different Love Languages and how to speak to your partner in the language that is most impactful for them
- Learn how to build intimacy by sharing your inner world – this protects against growing apart. It is meant to avoid situations where people say: I love her/him but I am not in love with them.
- Learn to protect your relationship from affairs and to keep sexual passion alive over time
- Create Rituals of Connection so that even with a busy schedule, your relationship is constantly being nurtured by both of you on a daily basis.
- Protect your relationship from the unhappiness that occurs in the years after birth of first child
Total Cost for 10 session Premarital Preparation Course is $1499.00